Watch this amazing video of explorers walking on beautiful clean ice in the Slovakian mountains. It’s some of the clearest ice you could ever imagine. It looks like they are walking on thin ice it’s so clear.
In the hustle of getting projects done, meeting deadlines, doing our day-to-day work, growing our careers – and all while juggling home life – sometimes we feel like we might fall through the thin ice below. But maybe, the ice isn’t thin at all. Maybe the ice is solid and we just need to trust the ground we’re exploring. Be dangerous. Be daring and do great things.
Here’s seven things to help you be more dangerous at your job.
1. Take it serious. Run your job like it’s your own company and a company you will fight to make successful.
2. Trust yourself. If you have an idea you feel could make a difference, share it. Present it with passion and excitement.
3. Test the waters. If something looks a little shaky, proceed with caution. The important part is to proceed. Don’t avoid things because they look a little risky. Test the waters, but do it quickly.
4. Be courageous. There are times for caution and there are times where courage is needed. Every team needs to break out of their mold and every team can use a win that is outside of their normal work. Big wins will come with great courage to do dangerous things.
5. Do the math. You are only going to succeed as much as you are willing to fail.
6. Explore new places. We’ll never find new success if we don’t get off the beaten path.
7. Enjoy the view. When you look around and see you are doing things that you never thought could happen – enjoy the view. Work hard to make the unbelievable happen and then celebrate your victories – big or small.
Sometimes what we think feels like walking on thin ice is really more like exploring new ground.